The Franklin tester FT-1 is designed to measure the surface insulation resistivity of electrical steel sheet according to the ASTM Standard A717 and IS:649. This test method is suitable for quality control in the application of insulation coating. For ease of testing FT-1 automatically set 300 PSI pressure on the sample by the inbuilt hydraulic unit and it is capable to set the desired test temperature of the platform. Then the regulated supply of 0.5V gets on and the current flowing through the insulation get measured. The calculated insulation resistivity will be displayed on graphics LCD display and as well as on printed report via thermal printer.
In Detailed report FT-1 provides
- Total current flow through all test pins
- Individual current flow through each pin
- Preset temperature of platform
- Single surface insulation resistivity in Ώ/cm²
Franklin Tester, Model: FT1
Gopal electronics has built the reputation in the market on basis of transparency in sales, easy and quick service, and economic and reliable rates for repairing.
- The whole product range of Gopal Electronics comes with standard 1 year warranty.
- For easy warranty claim, you can register your product on our website in case you purchased from any dealer.
- You can send your instrument by courier to our works for any repairing or calibration service. Your instrument will be inspected first and you will be notified for its repairing or calibration charges. The repairing or calibration process only carried out after the confirmation of customer.
- The time for repairing or calibration is maximum 48 hours after confirmation.
- We Ensure your investment secure upto 1 year for any manufacturing defects.
Calibration ServiceWe provide traceable calibration service according to ISO17025 for all of our product range. Every year you require to calibrate your instruments for your factory certification like ISO, and to maintain quality of your routine test and quality inspection.
Calibration by Gopal Electronics:
- Our reference meters and standards are traceable to NABL accredited lab or our internal standards as per ISO17025.
- We have calibration facility of 0.007% (66 ppm) energy accuracy for sinusoidal waveforms.
- As manufacturer we can change the calibration data and compensate the deviation in each measuring point. So you can get actual calibration not only the comparison report.
- General Service, replacement of minor parts can be carried out at the same time.
- Free firmware upgrade is also the part of our calibration process.
- We can provide calibration at special points which are not included in usual calibration on customer request, like calibration at 0.1 power factor.
- It takes maximum two days to complete the calibration process after the receipt of your instrument at our factory.
- Fully Automatic & Manual Test Method
- Ammeter with Zero burden Resistance
- 7" TFT graphics Display
- USB connectivity with Computer
- Parameter setting by keypad
- Thermal Report print
- Mini / Detailed Report
- Automatic 300Psi Pressure Setting
- LED Indication & Buzzer
- Total & Individual current result of all test pins
Operation TheoryThis test method covers a means of testing the surface insulation resistivity of single strip of flat-rolled electrical steel under predetermined conditions of voltage, pressure, and temperature. Ten stainless steel contacts of fixed area are applied to one of the surfaces of the specimen at 300PSI Pressure and electrical contact is made with the base metal by two drills. The effectiveness of the surface insulation is then indicated by a measurement of average electrical current flowing between the contacts and the base metal under specified applied voltage. This measurement can be used directly as an indicator of insulation quality or may be converted to an apparent surface insulation resistivity as displayed in result
Scope of MeasurementsSurface insulation resistivity is evaluated from a dc current that can range from 0 (perfect insulator) to 1 A (perfect conductor).
- Weight : 200 Kg Approx.
- Dimention : H900, D800, W600 mm Approx
- Input Power = AC 230V / 110V, 50/60Hz
- Power Supply = 0.5V (1mV Resolution)
- Accuracy of Setting = ± 0.1%
- Accuracy of Ammeter = ± 0.1%
- Temperature Range = Up to 150° Celsius
- Test Head = 10 Pins
- Sample Size = 60mm x 150mm
- FT1 Main Unit
- Thermal Printer
- Printer connection wire
- Mains Cord
- Calibration Certificate
- Soft copy User's Manual